top of page


Q: How much does it cost for you to inspect or spray my home?

A: We are a Special District funded by property tax assessments and our services are available to all our constituents within our covered area.

Q: Can I get some mosquito fish for my pond/home?

A: Yes, if you have water that may be breeding mosquitos.

Q: How soon do infected people get sick?

A: People typically develop symptoms from three to 14 days after they are bitten by an infected mosquito.

Q: Do you take calls about bed bugs?

A: No, you will need to call a licensed pest control agency.

Q: Do you take calls about rats?

A: No, you will need to call a licensed pest control agency.

Q: Do you remove bees?

A: The District does not remove bees in residential areas. Bees located in public spaces will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Those with bees in residential areas should contact a beekeeper. 

Q: Do mosquito hawks really eat mosquitos?

A: No, they are actually called a "crane fly" and eat nectar.

Q: Can you get my neighbor to clean up his/her dirty yard?

A: No, the District is only concerned with standing water that may provide a breeding source for mosquitoes. Other issues related to cleanliness or sanitation should be referred to the Health Department or Code Enforcement. 

Q: Are you accepting applications?

A: Yes, we are always willing to accept applications for seasonal work.

bottom of page